Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cutting Hay

We started cutting hay just east of the house yesterday. There is going to be a lot of hay.

Last night a thunderstorm came through. We got about an inch of rain in half an hour. There was also a terrible wind and hail, not a good combination. It pretty much wiped out the garden. Fortunately the hail wasn't really big. If it had been we might have lost some windows.

Now for the haying pictures.




A big patch of clover.


A close up of the clover.


Tall grass.


Nice windrows.


The hay here was so tall it was lying over.



We went flying this morning and I took some pictures of the hay. Luckily the windrows stayed put during the storm.



DJ

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures as usual. I really appreciate them as I am not able to do that as yet. I like to see cut hay and smell it as it cures. Also, I like knowing that it will keep cattle warm in the winter.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete