Friday, October 1, 2010

Hot Springs Fly-in

Earlier in September(10-12) we went to a fly-in at Hot Springs, SD. The fly-in was for the type of airplane I am building. About 120 people and 54 airplanes showed up. I had a lot of fun just looking at the airplanes and talking to the builders. The highlight of the trip was getting to ride in, and fly the same model airplane I am working on (an RV-9).

We flew over Mount Rushmore on the way to Hot Springs,


The Bearhawk,

Here is the RV-9 that I got to fly,


Some of the RV's


An RV-8 (Borrowed Horse)


A nice RV-10,


Dad admiring another nice RV-10,


A row of airplanes waiting for fuel,


A nice RV-6,


A funny shirt,


A map of where everyone came from,


The Bearhawk sticking out like a sore thumb,


On our way back we flew over Crazy Horse,


And Devils Tower,


We also flew over the Medicine Rocks,



DJ

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I especially like the aerial perspective of Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse.

    ReplyDelete